GIG-IT, Inc. seeks talented developers with experience building scalable persistent-world social games in Flash, to join our social game development team in the Santa Clara Area. Job duties include the creation of social games and game systems in ActionScript 3 and Java, engineering adjustments to art assets in Flash CS6.x, and debugging of problems and engineering of elegant solutions to ensure smooth, fast performance and user satisfaction. This position reports to the Lead Programmer.
- Client development experience using Flash and AS3 on at least one scalable. persistent-world social game in a professional environment
- Experience with social game APIs (e.g. Facebook Graph API)
- Experience with source code re-use (core libraries, 3rd Party game engines or components)
- Basic understanding of Flash CS5 in order to perform art integration functions on behalf of artists (familiarity with the timeline, layers, guide layers, the info panel, keyframes, naming instances on the stage, setting class linkages for export in the Library)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the industry
- Experience and confidence working in a scripted / interpreted programming environment.
- A love of games and gameplay.
- Experience with at least one native programming language such as C++ or Objective C.
- Java proficiency in a server programming environment.
- PHP proficiency
- Development experience on several PC or console game titles
Above all else, GIG-IT, Inc. offers something wonderful and different - the ability to create great games in an environment where creativity and gameplay are paramount. Our culture is design-driven and creatively supportive. GIG-IT, Inc. is a stable and secure place to work, and we value your personal time. GIG-IT's office is in Santa Clara, California.